MyVCM offers the ability to link multiple objects into a single dashboard view from various different modules, like assets and documents, by creating a ‘Collection’.
Creating a collection will generate a dashboard that provides easy access to see all the MyVCM objects assigned to that collection.
MyVCM has two different types of collections, ‘Projects’ and ‘Organizations’. At their core, both ‘Projects’ & ‘Organizations’ generate a similar dashboard to create a single view for its assigned objects, but serve two very different purposes.
An ‘Organization’ collection-type is most commonly used to track things like 3rd-party vendors, clients, partners and other outside business associates.
How to add a new organization:1. Navigate to Collections located on the left-hand side of any MyVCM page, then choose Organizations from the drop-down menu.
2. Inside of the ‘Organizations’ page, choose Add Organization in the upper right-hand side of the page, then select Add New Organization.
3. Enter the ‘Name’ of the organization (required).
4. Input the ‘Organization Number’, if using an internal numbering system.
5. Select the ‘Type’ of organization (you may select more than one) that is being created, as well choose if the organizations status in the system (required).
6. Choose if this organization will be Private.
7. Input the industry associated with your organization.
8. Enter a description of the organization.
9. If this organization is another MyVCM customer, select ‘Yes’.
- Enter the email address of a contact, then select the organization from the drop-down, and choose the organization’s location
10. Enter if this organization has Personal Identifiable Information (PII)
- If yes, choose if the data type is ‘Protected Health Information (PHI)’, ‘Social Security Number (SSN)’, ‘Payment Card Information (PCI)’ or ‘Other’. You may choose more than one type.
- Choose the approximate number of records.
11. Enter any tags associated with the organization.
12. Under Access Control, enter in who has access to this organization.
13. Under Distribution, enter the consumers of this organization.
14. Click ‘Save’ to complete.