MyVCM offers the ability to link multiple objects into a single dashboard view from various different modules like assets and documents for example, by creating a ‘Collection’.
Creating a collection will generate a dashboard that provides easy access to see all the MyVCM objects assigned to that collection.
MyVCM has two different types of collections, ‘Projects’ and ‘Organizations’. At their core, both ‘Projects’ & ‘Organizations’ generate a similar dashboard to create a single view of its assigned objects but serve two very different purposes.
A Project is a collection-type that is best used when you are working towards a specific project.
How to add a new project:
1. Navigate to Collections located on the left-hand side of any MyVCM page, then choose Projects from the drop-down menu.
2. Inside of the ‘Projects’ page, choose Add Project in the upper right-hand side of the page, then select Add New Project.
3. Enter the ‘Name’ of the project (required).
7. Enter if this project has Personal Identifiable Information (PII).
- If yes, choose if the data type is ‘Protected Health Information (PHI)’, ‘Social Security Number (SSN)’, ‘Payment Card Information (PCI)’ or ‘Other’. You may choose more than one type.
- Choose the approximate number of records.
10. Click 'Save' to complete.